Saturday, July 24, 2010

Funny Girl.


I have been needing some Barbra as of late. I am watching Funny Girl as I type. Opening words... "Hello, Gorgeous." Best first line of a movie ever. Ever. Barbra is phenomenal. I can't think about Funny Girl these days without hearing Idina's version from Glee. Theatricality is one thing. Barbra is on a whole other planet. Idina did it justice. Did it more than justice really.

I can't help but be a little disappointed in our mutual idol. When I hear Idina's story about singing at the Kennedy Center Honors and what Ms. Streisand said to her after singing "Don't rain on my Parade," I get sad a bit. I don't necessarily have a problem with the words, but more how she was so floored with Beyonce the whole flipping time. Beyonce isn't all that and a bag of fritos, but she is hip. It is just surprising. Felt a little like the disappointment I felt when I watched Julie and Julia. Ugh! That is a whole other story.

Ok, this movie has a way of making me smile at any given moment. Barbra does that to me. That is why she is the background on my cellphone. It brings me peace.

I'd like to see what Barbra would say about my rendition of "Don't rain on my Parade." HA! I really need to erase that from internet history. It is still on there somewhere. Embarrassing.

I should either erase it, orrrrrr start my grand idea of filming myself singing a crap ton of Streisand song a cappella. Pretty sure erasing the original would be the best plan. It didn't get me anywhere... Sad Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment